The Institute of Economic Research Foundation
The Institute of Economic Research Foundation - Fipe is a nonprofit private sector organization founded in 1973 to support the Economics Department of the School of Economics, Administration and Accounting of the University of Sao Paulo (FEA-USP) that has an important role in the areas of education, projects, research and development of economic and financial indicators in Brazil.
Fipe studies social and economic phenomena based on theoretical and methodological economic instruments with the purpose of offering its contribution to:
- the public debate on social and economic problems in Brazil;
- the expansion of economic knowledge;
- drafting more efficient public or private contracts;
- the production of knowledge, data and solutions with higher added value;
- the formulation of economic policies and other public policies to increase social well-being;
- economic growth, strengthening of the production system, increase in competitiveness in Brazil, improvement in the distribution of wealth and the eradication of poverty;
- complementing the education of top professionals by offering certificate, training and post-graduate courses.
To reach its objectives, Fipe is supported by a team of specialized professionals, with solid experience in teaching, projects and researches and counts on proper structure:
- to collaborate with both national or international institutions in the public and private sectors on elaborating, administrating and evaluating programs for economic and social development;
- to promote courses, symposiums, seminaries, conferences and studies that stimulate teaching and debate of economic theory and to contribute to the improvement of professionals, companies, public administration bodies and entities in the civil society;
- to support the dissemination of economic and correlated knowledge through technical publications, periodicals and other channels of communication.
- to conduct projects and researches as per request by public and private sectors, respecting academic standards that allow simultaneously to produce data and to capacitate specialized personnel.
Watch the Foundation's Institutional video.